The Alfa Romeo Giulietta was a family of cars built by Alfa Romeo from 1954 to 1965 which included a 2+2 coupe, a 4-door saloon, estate, spider, Sprint and Sprint Speciale. During its production run 177,690 Giuliettas were built before it was succeeded by the Giulia in 1962.
The first example to be introduced was the Giulietta Sprint 2+2 Coupe that debuted at the 1954 Turin Motor Show. Designed by Franco Scaglione at Bertone, the car was produced at the coachbuilders Grugliasco plant near Turin. The following year the Sprint was joined by the 4-door saloon before the introduction of a two-seat Giulietta Spider featuring bodywork by Pininfarina. A facelifted version of the Berlina was produced in 1959; this featured a repositioned fuel pump and fuel door as well as a revised front end, recessed headlights, new grilles with chrome frames and two horizontal bars.
This car is equipped with the 80bhp 1,290 cubic centimetre DOHC four-cylinder engine with a light alloy block and hemispherical cylinder head. Power is transferred to the wheels via a 4-speed manual transmission, while hydraulic drum brakes and worm-and-sector were responsible for stopping and turning respectively.
The car underwent restoration in the years prior to 2009, at which point the previous owner took ownership and put less than 1,000 miles on it following its full mechanical and body rebuild. Work carried out during the middle of 2017 included new door seals, new battery, installation of hand throttle and choke cables, replaced clutch release bearing, check and adjust ignition timing, geometry tuning, handbrake system overhaul, new brake master cylinder, new washer fluid bag, pump and cap, new inlet manifold gaskets and replaced fuel filter.
All this to say that this example is one of the finest driving examples available anywhere today, one of Alfa Romeo's purest driving experiences!