Introduced in 1952 as a successor to the eighth-liter, the 150 will be the Gilera best-selling of all time, with as many as 96,000 units (excluding those built in Argentina by the local branch). The engine was revised by technicians Antonio Parolo, and Franco Passoni Luigi Piazza (under the supervision of the new director of the Service Experiences Gilera, ing. Sandro Colombo), bringing the bore to 60 mm and maintaining the run of 125. The increase was due also the rules that imposed the targatura the eighth-liter, hitherto exempt. Two versions are available initially: Tourism and Sport, which were distinguished from each other primarily for the front suspension (parallelogram the Tourism, the telescopic Sport). For both the change remained in 3 reports. Already in 1953, however, the sport earned a 4-speed transmission.
The '53 also saw the entry in the catalog of the demonstration, more stringent model built in a limited series. A they will follow the Gran Turismo (1955), Super Sport and Super Red (1957). Production ceased in 1960.
- Exterior Colour Red/Black